Data, insights, stats, and trends. Demographics, technolographics, and firmographics.
We love all of these words at AnyRoad because they can tell a pretty compelling story about an experience, brand or product. Whether you are in Marketing or Operations, often the end result (tickets sold, revenue generated, customer interactions, products handed out) is merely one way to measure the outcome of an experience.
Trending data can be extremely impactful for the evolution of your experiences and brand activations. Equally important is actual feedback from your guests. We previously published an amazing article on Net Promoter Score and the “Golden Metric” of Brand Conversion, but here’s a quick refresher.
According to Gartner, NPS is used to measure if customers would recommend a company to a peer based on the question, “How likely is it that you would recommend our offering (product, service or company) to a friend or colleague?” This is scored on a scale of 0 (not at all likely) to 10 (extremely likely).
A Harvard Business Review article called it “The One Number You Need to Grow”. If you aren’t currently collecting Net Promoter Score before AND after your experiences, you may be missing out on the impact the experience itself had on your brand conversion. They came in as a big promoter, and left as neutral. WHY? They came in as a detractor, but left as a promoter. WHY? Now you know how they felt before your experience, and what impact the experience had on that customer’s relationship with your brand.
It’s logical to want to know what caused the change!
So what questions should you ask? Too many questions = fewer responses. Here is what we are seeing from our more than 1000 different survey questions asked at Brand Homes around the world!
Pre Experience Top Questions
- Previous brand exposure
- How did you hear about the experience?
- Have you tried [BRAND] before this experience?
- How often do you buy [BRAND]?
- What other brands do you enjoy most?
- How likely are you to recommend [BRAND] to a friend?
- Personal details
- When is your birthday?
- Where is your place of residence (city/state)?
- Gender identity
- Any questions you would like your host to answer during the experience
- Admin/Opt in
- Yes, I would love to receive updates/special offers/news (Checkbox)
- Please agree to the terms and conditions required for all participants (Checkbox)
- Acknowledgement of any/all Covid 19 safety protocols (Checkbox)
Post Experience Top Questions
- Experience Feedback/Brand Conversion
- Are you more or less likely to purchase [BRAND] following your experience?
- What can we do to improve the overall experience?
- How likely are you to recommend [BRAND] experience to a friend? (NPS)
- How would you rate your guide?
- Do we have your permission to use your feedback publicly?
- Did you purchase anything from the shop after your experience? If yes, what did you purchase?
- Would you book another [BRAND] tour in the future?
- What was your favorite [SPIRIT/COCKTAIL] during the tasting experience?
For additional insights reach out to us at [email protected].